Monday, January 12, 2015

Frozen Valentine's Day Mantel

I'm throwing a small family Frozen party for Wynn in a few weeks for her fifth birthday. I also enjoy doing a mantel for most of the holidays. I shared my frozen heart project the other day, and added a few more items with it to place on my mantel.


I used my Christmas trees and just got out scrapbook paper hearts, and tied them on.  Then I filled a Dollar Tree vase with fake snow, and a little bit of Easter basket filler for the blue. I put a foam snowflake onto a purple straw.  All items I already had in my house. No need to go and spend money on additional decorations.  Plus, I am really trying to reel in the unnecessary extras in my storage area.  I added some pom pom yarn to the front. I thought it looked like little snowballs. This yarn has been used in many of my projects. I am definitely getting my money's worth with it.

I used my Silhouette Cameo and cut out scrapook paper letters, and vinyl snowflakes. I used the vinyl because I had run out of purple scrapbook paper. I just used a little bit of glue to attach the letters. This is one of Wynn's favorite verses from the movie Frozen, and so I thought it was appropriate for Valentine's Day as well.  I plan on moving it to the front door as a non-wreath door decoration for her party.

Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out my newest mantel. I had a lot of fun putting it together rather quickly. Hope you have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Love the shades of blue and the pom pom yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love that vase with the blue filler in the center too! I have yet to see Frozen. Jacob says it's "for girls". LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't it not too long ago you didn't ever decorate your mantel? If so, it seems hard to believe since you find such fun and festive ways to decorate it for each holiday. Wynn's party is going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that your mantel covers you for party time, Valentines and Winter! Yaay way to go, Megan! Love the pom poms and the art verse for your door too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh to be 5 again! great way to decorate for many occasions.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)