Monday, September 29, 2014

Thai Pork Loin with Smithfield All Natural



My family is back into the swing of things now that school has started. Sometimes it is hard to put together meals in a hurry in the evenings. However, now our ten month old boys are now able to eat table foods, and so I am able to cook one meal most evenings and that is a huge time saver. This recipe I am sharing today is something that you can marinade while you are at work or running your daily errands. When you return home in the evening it only needs to bake in the oven. You are then set for dinner with all the main preparations done ahead of time.

 I was so glad to to try out the Smithfield All Natural brand for this recipe. With three little people in our home I try to pay attention to the information on the packaging even more closely nowadays. The All Natural pork has no added steroids or hormones, and this is something I want to see listed on foods I feed my children.  I went to Safeway to purchase the ingredients for this recipe I'm sharing today using a Smithfield All Natural pork loin. 

Before you head out to Safeway be sure to check out their website.  I used a $1 off coupon for the Smithfield brand.  I saved the coupon right to my Club Card from the Just4U Safeway Online Portal. This coupon is available while supplies last.

The Smithfield Website has some amazing recipes that you can make with your pork product. In the Ideas section of the site there are recipes for quick meals, and these would be perfect for people on the go and weeknight meals. That is why I decided to go with the pork loin recipe I am sharing. 
I measured out all of the ingredients for the marinade the night before, and then I was able to put them all in the mixing bowl easily in the morning.  I usually gather ingredients for recipes just before I go to bed. Coming home after work or daily activities is not when I want to go sifting through my pantry for necessary ingredients.  

I whisked everything together, and then put it with the pork loin in a large zip top bag as soon as I woke up. I placed it in the fridge for the day while we were working.  


When we came home in the evening I baked the tenderloin in the oven at 425 degrees until the meat thermometer registered at 160 degrees. It took around 40 minutes for my oven to bake my pork loin.  Make sure you save the extra marinade from the bag. You will use it to create a sauce for the tenderloin while it is baking.

Just before I poured the sauce over top of this I cut a few pieces of this for my ten month old boys. At this point the sauce would have been a bit spicy for their age. They gobbled this pork loin up so quickly, and I had to give them several helpings.  It was a hit with everyone at the dinner table, and this is now something we will make more often. We were even able to fit in some play time together before dinner because of the prep I did prior to the evening rush.





Thai Pork Loin Recipe


Ingredients

2 lb pork loin

Salt and Pepper to taste
1/3 c water
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 c of chopped green onions

Marinade

1/4 c orange marmalade
1/4 c orange juice
1/4 c soy sauce
2 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
3 tbsp creamy peanut butter

Combine marinade ingredients and whisk them together in a mixing bowl.  Trim the pork loin to ensure that all the fat is removed.  Season the pork loin with salt and pepper.  Then add the marinade and pork loin in a plastic bag and place in the refrigerator.  I kept the pork loin in there for eight hours, but it is really up to you how long you would like to marinade it for in the end.


Heat the oven to 425 degrees.  Then heat the oil in a skillet (that is able to transfer into the oven) on medium heat.  Take out the pork loin and keep the remaining marinade to use in a little bit.  Sear all sides of the pork loin for approximately 8-10 minutes in total. 


Place the pork loin in the oven until it registers 160 degrees on a meat thermometer.  Then let rest for 10 minutes on a cutting board.  While pork loin is resting place water and marinade in a pot and bring to a boil. Then simmer the sauce for approximately five minutes.  Cut the pork loin once ready, and pour the sauce over top of it. Then you can garnish with green onions if you desire.  


Adapted from Lets Dish



This was a great weekday meal for our busy family. We were able to eat all together and there were not many items to clean up afterwards.  The Smithfield pork was tender and delicious.  Be sure to follow them on Facebook to see delicious recipes or ideas in your news feed.


This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Weave Made Media and Smithfield, but all my opinions are my own. #weavemade #goallnatural














7 comments:

  1. yum Megan that looks great, I remember the after work dinner rush, it's really helpful to have easy recipes on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so delicious and easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM. Looks delicious. I think the beautiful pictures help :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make pork tenderloin all the time…this is a great new way to prepare it. Thank you! Sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Husband loves anything Thai, I'll have to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks delicious! I got to give it a try! I didn't know I could saved the coupons right to my Safeway club card! Gotta try that one too. :)

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)