Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Master Bedroom Progress

Do you feel like all of my posts are about the progress of a particular room? Well that is because we are working on about five spaces all at the same time right now. We are trying to cram as many projects into the time we have left until we become outnumbered around here.

Rob hung the frames above our bed that I purchased from Target's Threshold line.  I received my picture from Snapfish that I had made in a poster size to put in one frame. For now the other frame will remain empty until the new additions arrive.


I finally found some bedding that I thought would go perfectly with our dark wall from Overstock.  It was a great deal for what I was looking to spend. I then realized after I purchased it it was the same exact duvet I had my mom buy for her house a few months back. I guess I really did like it!  I am on the hunt for more accessories for the room, and a chair for another part of the room.
Here is the duvet on my own bed with my new Euro shams.

Then I was wondering what in the world I would put on the walls. I found these napkins at Target. They are from the Threshold line, and they were $10 for 4 napkins. 
I placed two of them in two frames I had used previously in the room. I placed on over a dresser we had redone before we entered the world of blogging.  I placed the other frame on the opposite side of the window near our bed.

Then I shopped around my house for accessories for my dresser. I grabbed a lamp that was not being used from the basement. I placed a sweet little frame from my Aunt on the opposite side.

I used the wrap that the napkins came with to cover a rattan bottle from my friend Sharon's tag sale at Elizabeth & Co. I did this last year with my napkins for fall, so I just changed it up a bit here for our room. Then I found this gold bowl in the basement from Target a few years ago and threw all my bracelets into it for now.

Here is everything together next to my new curtains from IKEA. We made the curtain rod go twenty inches past the window on either side to make it appear larger. We only have one window in our room, and having the curtains this way makes a huge difference.  
Since the room was primarily empty and ignored for a long time I hardly recognize it when I come in. It gives me a very calm feeling now...I guess this should be considered the calm before the twin storm.  Thank you for stopping by!

16 comments:

  1. it's looking so good- nice an classic! love the black dresser in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bedroom looks so calm and serene! Love the photos over the bed and that dresser is beautiful! You will appreciate having a refuge in the months to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So smart to frame those napkins. I love that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Framing those napkins is a great idea for quick and inexpensive art. Your room is really looking great! It looks like a peaceful place to be, and I guess you're definitely going to need that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally LOVE IT!!!! I adore the frames above the headboard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Calm, that room makes me swoon. It's such a chic and romantic space. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You're progress is making me feel like a slacker! I love the tip about making the curtains go past the window. So doing that in my small bedroom! Love your bedding. I got mine from overstock.com as well. I refuse to put it on until I paint my headboard though! Framing the napkins...genius..never would have thought about that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The room is calming and peaceful. I love that you had your Mum buy the cover then you bought it. LOL I did the same thing with my sister, it was way out of my price range but she could afford it, then 2 years later I picked it up super cheap at a discount factory, I still love it 10 years on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're nesting! Funny how similar our tastes are...our master bedroom has a similar palette and I think we have the same exact headboard! Did u get yours at Tuesday morning? Love the framed napkins!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a clean and classic look! And clever you for framing those napkins! I wouldn't have ever thought of that!

    I really need to get to work on my own bedroom. It's kind of a hot mess right now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous!!!
    All of it - love the frames - love that black painted dresser too - oh and I LOVE that comforter ( or bedspread?)
    Beautiful job !!!
    Hugs
    Suzan
    ( and I was lucky if I passed a vacuum when I was pregnant with twins lol - in fact that's what actually brought my labor on )
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the idea of framing napkins. Would be great for old family handkerchief's too. Looking good!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i always think of doing something like this! thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How pretty! I love the creative use of the napkins! How funny, my blog post today involves napkins too (paper napkins, though!) Came by from the Made by You Monday blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, your bedroom is pretty and serene! I love how you used the wrap that the napkins came with to cover that nice bottle...genius! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I bought the table cloth to match these napkins because I knew I liked the print and figured I could use it somewhere. I ended up using it to make a little curtain for under the desk in our kitchen to make it a storage area! I love that you framed the napkins. They look great above your side tables :)

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)