Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Light Fixture Change Up

A while back I picked up a light fixture from Lowe's for a little over twenty dollars. It was originally over $100. I figured that I could make it work. Well it turned out smaller than I had anticipated and I just had Rob put it up anyways.  


While at IKEA I picked up this extra large shade for $30.  I took off the small shades that originally came with the fixture.  Then I had Rob place it over top of the light fixture currently over our kitchen table. It sits perfectly over the top piece of the fixture.

It makes a huge difference in the scale of the fixture with the rest of the room.  Considering the entire light cost around $55 bucks total I figure it is still a great deal.  

Thank you for stopping by!

18 comments:

  1. i love that light! so chic and shiny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh now that looks great, fantastic price for lighting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the bigger shade...and I love IKEA...but doesn't?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new shade makes a big difference - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That makes a HUGE difference. Way to think outside of the box or lamp shade :). I think it looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I love the new shade.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a good idea! I love that you made it work for you since you weren't crazy about the smaller shades. The light looks great too btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So smart!! And the end result looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it when easy, quick solutions work as good as this! It looks perfect in your dining room!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it Megan! It has more presence with the one big shade. Great easy fix!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH my!! I LOVE this! I am going to have to do this really soon with my light fixture over my dining room table! Thanks so much for sharing! Julia @ www.juliakendrick.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea! What luck that the Ikea shade fit over the existing fixture like that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea to give visual "weight" to the new lighting by a bigger shade! Way to thing outside the box!

    Thank you for sharing with the rest of us! Always great to see creative minds at work. :)

    Visiting from Whatever Goes Wed @ Someday Crafts linky party
    Smiles,
    Suz @MaytagNMom
    NW Illinois
    Link To My Party Project This Week

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great solution! Love that you were able to make it work for not a lot of money.
    Thanks so much for linking up at Real Family Fun.
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  15. Megan- That is brilliant! Love how the silver still peeks out from underneath. Looks very high end!
    Kim@reposhture

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)