Saturday, June 16, 2012

Summer is Here

We've been pretty busy lately now that summer is in full swing.  We were able to go to Dutch Wonderland in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.  It was a lot of fun, and Wynn loved seeing real princesses.


Today I took a break and went to to amazing barn sales that are about forty minutes or so from my house.  The first one I headed to was at Stylish Patina in Frederick, Maryland.  They have a barn sale every third weekend of the month. They have some amazing vendors that have space there and they sell Annie Sloan paint products.  Here are photos of two of my favorite items I saw there this morning:

Then I headed over to Chartreuse & Co for their barn sale that is also located in Frederick, Maryland.  They also have sales each month with a great variety of vendors. Here are some of my favorite items that I saw.






I ended up leaving Chartreuse & Co with this super cute lantern for our deck.
Now we're getting some work done during Wynn's naptime.  Here are some of the projects we are working on:

I ended up painted the chair a gray color so far. I've ordered some fabric to cover the seat with, and I am excited for it to get here.  Then I experimented with washi tape for the first time and created a cute new frame for my desk at work.
Rob is out in the garage working on some pallet projects after we scored ten of them from neighbors of my in-laws. We've seen so many inspiring ideas on Pinterest and thought we'd give it a try.

Enjoy your weekend!

Megan








3 comments:

  1. I have that very same lantern! I bought it at a yard sale a few years ago. Love the color! ... Don't you just love a good barn sale! Megan & I spent three hours at Chartreuse yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shopping trip looked amazing. I am not sure how you only came out of it with that super cool lantern. You must have more restraint than I have. Love the chair, the details are incredible on it. I can't wait to see it recovered. And...your duaghter, um...adorable. The washi tape frame turned out great but she steals the show in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you and your family are having a great summer. Living in NJ, I can remember the commercials that would come on for Dutch Wonderland when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)