Saturday, February 11, 2012

Staircase Facelift

Chris and I felt like our staircase did not match the rest of our house or our style. Purchasing a new staircase and banister was out of the question and sanding it would have been a huge mess to do inside. Instead of sanding we found a cheap and faster alternative. All you need is cover stain primer and paint color of your choice. We opted for the two tone look....Enjoy!







Supplies:
Cover stain primer $20
White semi-gloss: already had from other projects
Behr paint in Espresso Bean (only needed a sample can) $5
Brushes: $30

Total: $55

Chris and Amy

This is a part of Under the Table and Dreaming's Sunday Showcase
http://www.bystephanielynn.com/2012/02/sunday-showcase-party-no-88.html

This is a part of Skip to My Lou's Made By You Monday
http://www.skiptomylou.org/2012/02/13/made-by-you-monday-86/

This post is part of the Today's Creative Blog "Get Your Craft On Tuesdsay" http://todayscreativeblog.net/

This post is apart of At the Picket Fence's Inspiration Friday
 
http://www.atthepicketfence.com/2012/02/welcome-to-inspiration-friday-no-52.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AtThePicketFence+%28At+The+Picket+Fence%29

This post is a part of Fingers on the Fridge's Feature Yourself Friday
http://www.fingerprintsonthefridge.com/2012/02/feature-yourself-friday.html

8 comments:

  1. Looks great, Chris & Amy! It makes a world of difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. always amazing
    what a little paint can do

    now following
    via Linky Followers
    and hope you'll follow back!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I just found you through Linky Followers and I have to say, what a great idea for a blog! I love Pinterest and have a board devoted to "Pins that I've attempted." I look forward to following your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Alison and Elena. Glad you found our little blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great. I'm glad I found your blog. I'm now following on the new Linky tool. I would love if you would follow back, so we can stay connected. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much, Lori! I'm definitely going to be following you back. I look forward to checking out your site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great...I just recently started redoing the ( unusual amount) of railings in our house....I think that I will need to try this....what kind of paint did you use for your railings. Looks really nice! I'm your newest follower!

    Jenny
    Www.jessiestreetdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister-in-law Amy completed this project. She has listed Cover stain primer $20
      White semi-gloss: already had from other projects
      Behr paint in Espresso Bean (only needed a sample can) $5, but if you need more specific information I can ask her tonight. :) ~ Megan

      Delete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)